Waste Carriers & Related Controls
Various - please contact for details.
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Do you carry waste? Do you need to understand the vast array of waste and transport related issues to
ensure you can do this safely and within the law? This course provides waste carriers with the knowledge to handle waste within current legislative regimes safely whilst minimising environmental impact.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Understand the obligations of all holders of waste under the
Duty of Care so they can ensure they provide a compliant
• Identify an inappropriately completed transfer note so that
you can ensure the waste you carry is adequately described
• Know the requirements and process for registering as a waste
carrier to ensure the company is and remains authorised to
• Identify common types of hazardous waste, their hazards
and explain the restrictions on disposal of these materials to
enable inappropriate waste to be identified and alternative
safe/legal transfer to be arranged
• Explain the hazardous waste consignment procedure in order
to ensure compliance
• Acknowledge when other legislation relating to carriage of
dangerous goods, operators licenses etc. may impact on the
carriage of waste and know where to find more information
• Identify health and safety issues relating to the collection,
carriage and transfer to other sites
• Demonstrate an awareness of the environmental impacts of
• Explain the impacts of fly-tipping on the local community and
how this may impact on your business.
Who should attend:
Any waste carrier, supervisors and middle managers in both local authorities and the private sector.
The course consists of a series of lectures illustrated by a number of case studies and discussion groups.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467