The Management of Refuse Collection & Kerbside Recycling
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Do you supervise/manage or aspire to manage your refuse collection and kerbside recycling schemes? If so, it is vital you keep up to date with legislation, collection and recycling options, best practice for handling of healthcare wastes and monitoring the service. This course will benefit those wishing to update their knowledge and understanding in this rapidly moving field.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Appreciate the UK legislation relevant to the collection and disposal of wastes, and kerbside recycling
• Understand the sources of wastes, their nature and classification in the UK and Europe
• Understand the options available for the minimisation, recovery, re-use, treatment, and disposal of wastes
• Understand the practical aspects of kerbside recycling schemes
• Understand the various types of collection systems and the different types of vehicles and transport systems
• Understand how alternating collection systems may be employed for the collection of refuse and recycling
• Appreciate the special needs of dealing with health care wastes
• Appreciate the processes involved in inviting, tendering and awarding contracts
• Understand the process of effectively monitoring and managing contracts in wastes collection and kerbside recycling schemes.
Who should attend:
The course is designed for supervisors and junior managers working in the wastes collection and kerbside recycling services, in both the public and private sectors. It will be of particular benefit to those new to this role in the wastes management industry and those wishing to update their knowledge and understanding in this rapidly moving field.
This course consists of lectures involving case studies and discussions.
Structured learning and development scheme and CPD:
This course provides 2 days towards CIWM’s Structured learning and development scheme, or 12 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467