The Management of Hazardous Waste
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Do you need to understand the nature and main hazards associated with the handling and management of industrial hazardous waste? Do you need to know the legal requirements and identify suitable options for the management of industrial hazardous wastes? If so this course provides a sound understanding of the issues involved in the management of industrial hazardous wastes in a manner that is safe, economical, effective and legally compliant.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Appreciate the nature and definition of hazardous wastes
• Appreciate the main hazards and risks associated with the management of industrial hazardous wastes, including its production, treatment and disposal
• Appreciate the legal controls, both national and international, that apply to industrial hazardous wastes, from the point of production to the point of disposal
• Understand the range of technical options that are available for the effective management of industrial hazardous wastes
• Appreciate the legal, financial and environmental liabilities associated with poor control over hazardous wastes
Who should attend:
This course is primarily intended for technical staff and managers from waste producing companies and waste contractors. It will also be relevant to environmental regulators, insurance risk assessors and waste brokers.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467