Steam Boiler Plant Controls and Systems (D6)
Type of course in situ
Course provider Spirax Sarco Ltd
Available dates for this course
Please contact Spirax Sarco Ltd directly for a current list of course dates
Who will benefit?
Designers, energy managers, plant engineers, maintenance engineers and boiler operators involved in the planning or upgrading of boiler plant, and those responsible for the day-to-day running of steam boilers - large and small.
To give an understanding of the wet-side of the boiler and to outline trends in the management and control of boiler plant in order to achieve high levels of efficiency and safety with smooth operation. To introduce boiler operators to the equipment, daily/weekly testing and safe, efficient best practice.
Delegates will learn about:
- Boiler types and fittings
- Feedwater treatment, deaeration and storage
- Boiler water level control and alarms
- Blowdown controls, vessels and pits
- Heat recovery systems and energy management
- BG01 ('Guidance on Safe Operation of Boilers') and the HSE INDG436 ('Safe Management of Industrial Steam and Hot Water Boilers')
This course can be undertaken as part of a BTEC Certificate.
Telephone: 01242 521361
Fax: 01242 573342