Site Waste Management Plans
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Are you involved in preparing Site Waste Management Plans? Are you involved in managing sites with Site Waste Management Plans? Do you need to know more about what they mean, what should be included
and how they affect site operations? This course will
provide a thorough understanding of the Site Waste Management Plan process and what you need to do to
comply with the requirements.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Appreciate the background to the introduction of SWMPs:
why they were felt to be needed
• Understand the relationship between SWMPs and European
Directives, UK Acts/Regulations/Policies and relevant guidance
• Be able to identify different sources of information relevant
• Understand the requirements of an effective SWMP
• Be able to identify the information and content necessary to prepare an effective SWMP
• Appreciate the pitfalls when preparing and operating an
• Be able to prepare an effective SWMP.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those individuals who are either responsible for preparing SWMPs, or have a specific interest in their preparation, content and operation.
Please note that this course refers to the legal framework for SWMPs. Current Regulations are only applicable to England and although SWMPs are good practice wherever you are you should note that there may be future legislation which may introduce regulatory differences in devolved regions.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467