Practical Waste Management
Various - please contact for details.
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Do you need to learn about the practicalities of managing resources and wastes in the fast moving real-world environment? This course provides a practical insight into the functioning of the wastes management industry in the UK and includes site visits.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Appreciate the essential nature of the industry
• Understand and appreciate the legislation that drives and governs the industry
• Understand the impact of the landfill diversion targets and other requirements of the Landfill Directive
• Appreciate the role of the Environment Agency as regulator
• Recognise current market trends in treatment and disposal options
• Appreciate the range and nature of waste collection and transportation systems available within the industry
• Appreciate the opportunities and mechanics for materials reclamation and recycling
• Understand the role, planning, management and restoration of landfill sites
• Understand the role and scope of waste incineration systems
• Appreciate the comparisons of the UK industry with waste management in developing and transition countries
• Understand how public perception impacts on the industry and how best to manage those impacts.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for new entrants into the waste management industry and for updating existing personnel.
Experts from industry, academia, Government and waste regulating authorities will provide delegates with a comprehensive overview of the latest developments in the waste management sector via lectures and debating sessions.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 3 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 18 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467