Practical Management and Control of Landfill Gas
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Do you need an in-depth understanding of how to manage and control landfill gas? This course explains the process of landfill gas production and the principles and processes of design, installation and management of landfill gas control systems(LFGCS).
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will have:
• An understanding of the origin and composition of landfill gas
• An appreciation of the relevant legislation
• An understanding of the basic rules of design and construction of various types of landfill gas control systems (LFGCS)
• An appreciation of the selection process of a particular LFGCS in a given situation
• An appreciation of the selection and gathering parameters needed to run and manage the LFGCS,including an introduction to basic data handling and reporting
• An understanding of the basic rules of LFGCS adjustments
• An appreciation of potential LFGCS operational problems and their solutions
• An understanding of the health and safety rules relevant to the installation and management of LFGCS
• An appreciation of the environmental impact of LFGCS
• Carried out a series of case studies based on real-life situations.
Who should attend:
The course is intended for technicians, engineers, regulators and planners involved in the design, installation and regulation of LFGCS who need to understand the principles involved in the practical management of such schemes.
The course consists of a series of lectures illustrated by a number of short case studies and syndicate exercises carried out in working groups.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 2 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 12 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467