Various - please contact for details.
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Are you involved in the monitoring or the control of leachate from landfills? Do you really understand what leachate is and how to effectively monitor it? This course will provide an understanding of what leachate is, its composition, appropriate monitoring requirements including practical demonstrations of using a range of equipment. The course will also provide an introduction to the treatment of leachate.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Explain the basic principles of leachate generation
• Identify key contaminants and their risks
• Explain the requirements of monitoring programmes and
• Know what current technical guidance documents are
• Use the data generated to identify problems to ensure
appropriate actions can be determined
• Identify a range of monitoring equipment and understand
how they are to be used
• Explain some typical leachate treatment systems and be
aware of the monitoring requirements of them.
Who should attend:
Technical staff working in landfill site operations, or design and regulation, with day to day responsibility for the monitoring of leachate generated by landfills or the monitoring of leachate treatment facilities.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467