Introduction to Waste Legislation
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Is waste legislation new to you? Do you need an introduction into the key legal requirements of managing waste? This course is an excellent first step in understanding waste legislation.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Appreciate the extent of UK legislation relating to wastes
• Appreciate the key issues in relation to waste definition
• Understand the practical implications of duty of care and related on controls on wastes management
• Be aware of the essential elements of hazardous waste controls
• Recognise the implications of waste management licensing and PPC controls to the recovery and disposal of waste.
Who should attend:
Those who are involved in the production, transport, handling, treatment and disposal of resources and wastes, or the regulation of those activities and who need to be aware of the relevant legislation. Also, those who are new to, or aspiring to work within a waste management role.
The course consists of a series of lectures illustrated by a number of case studies and discussion groups
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467