Environmental Management Systems and Environmental Auditing
Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Are you responsible for improving your organisation’s environmental performance? This course provides a detailed understanding of environmental management systems and the process of undertaking an environmental audit.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
• Understand the “Plan, Do, Check, Act” philosophy essential to the implementation of an environmental management system
• Understand the reasons for carrying out an environmental review and its role in establishing environmental management systems
• Understand the various activities that are involved in the
implementation of an environmental management system,including the development of objectives and targets,establishing a corporate environmental policy, implementing
procedures, and establishing an audit cycle
• Be aware of the extent and importance of pre-audit planning
• Have a detailed understanding of the procedures required to carry out an environmental audit
• Understand the practical aspects of conducting environmental audits
• Understand the importance of an appropriate report and the need for regular reviews of performance as a management tool.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for environmental managers, health and safety managers and those involved in similar areas of responsibility. It should be particularly useful for those responsible for managing waste streams as part of a production process.
The course will comprise a number of interactive lectures and syndicate exercises.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467