Type of course in situ
Course provider Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM)
Available dates for this course
Please contact Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) directly for a current list of course dates
Are you involved in providing, maintaining or working with contracts for non PFI waste facilities/services(e.g. recycling, collections, HWRC, transfer stations etc)? Would it be useful to use an industry standard contract with conditions you can tailor to meet your specific needs? If so, this course introduces the standard conditions of the contract developed for the waste management industry and provides an understanding
of using the conditions in the management of waste
What’s in it for me?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Identify the potential risks in waste contracts
• Identify the different ways in which local authorities and private service providers (including voluntary organisations) can collaborate to procure a waste contract
• Identify the main procedures for public contract procurement
• Know the main clauses within the standard contract and how they should be used
• Understand how premises and assets are controlled within the contract including implications for accompanying environmental permits.
• Identify when and how TUPE may impact waste contracts
• Understand how situations relating to dispute, termination and payments may be handled
Who should attend?
Anyone who prepares, monitors or works with waste contracts from the public, private or voluntary sector organisations.
Whilst the contract discussed is predominately aimed at contracts between Local Authority and the private waste sector dealing with recycling and collections (including HWRCs) the principals can be applied to similar contracts with private waste producers.
Structured Learning and Development Scheme and CPD:
This course provides 1 days towards CIWM’s Structured Learning and Development Scheme, or 6 hours CPD.
9 Saxon Court St. Peter's Gardens Marefair
Telephone: +44 (0) 1604 620426
Fax: +44 (0) 1604 604467