Boiler Plant Regulations and Guidelines (D8)
Type of course in situ
Course provider Spirax Sarco Ltd
Available dates for this course
Please contact Spirax Sarco Ltd directly for a current list of course dates
Who will benefit?
Plant engineers, factory managers, health, safety and environmental managers, project engineers and anyone seeking an understanding of the regulations and guidelines relating to steam and steam boiler plant.
To provide a broad overview of legislation, guidance and best practise within the wet side of the boiler and in steam systems, and to help users, or potential users, understand whatâ€™s expected of them.
Delegates will learn about:
- Uses and benefits of steam
- Pressure and temperature of steam
- General steam system safety
- Overview of Pressure System/Pressure Equipment requirements
- Selected Standards - boilers and water treatment
- BG01 ('Guidance on Safe Operation of Boilers') - replacing PM5 and PSG2 - and HSE INDG436 ('Safe Management of Industrial Steam and Hot Water Boilers')
- Risk assessment, competence, training and supervision
See D6 for training in boiler operation or D6A for national accreditation in the operation or management of boilers.
Telephone: 01242 521361
Fax: 01242 573342