Boiler Operation Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) (D6A)
Cost £1209 + Gastec Fee
Type of course in situ
Course provider Spirax Sarco Ltd
Available dates for this course
Please contact Spirax Sarco Ltd directly for a current list of course dates
What is BOAS?
The Boiler Operation Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) provides national accreditation for industrial boiler operators and boiler plant managers, a course recommended by BG01 Ã¢â‚¬ËœGuidance on the Safe Operation of BoilersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.
Spirax Sarco is a licensed and approved BOAS training provider. The D6A course provides training to the BOAS syllabus and includes the written examination. Candidates are also interviewed by a Gastec assessor during the course.
Successful candidates may use the designatory letters "Cert IBO" (Certified Industrial Boiler Operator) or "Dip BOM" (Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management). Candidates from both award categories take the same course and written papers. Interviews are specific to each award. The awards are valid for 5 years, after which a refresher course becomes necessary.
Who will benefit?
This course is suitable for:
- Boiler operators with hands-on experience
- Boiler plant managers and supervisors (no hands-on experience required)
- Those new to the boiler house wishing to have introductory boiler training should consider the D6 course
- To train and prepare candidates for the BOAS qualification
- To promote safety and energy efficiency in the boiler house with due regard to environmental aspects and legal requirements
Delegates will learn about:
- Heat and heat transfer
- Boilers and auxiliaries
- Draught and combustion
- Control and instrumentation
- Safety and legal
- Energy efficiency
Telephone: 01242 521361
Fax: 01242 573342